top of page

CHSPE Orders—Transcripts and Duplicate Certificates

A Transcript or Duplicate Certificate will not be provided if your CHSPE account is not paid in full.

If you have passed the CHSPE, you may order an official transcript or duplicate certificate, if needed. 

  • A transcript is an official letter that certifies that you have passed the test.

  • All test takers that pass the CHSPE will receive a certificate. Duplicates can be ordered as needed.

Required Documentation

Employers and schools have different requirements regarding the type of documentation they require. If you are having the CHSPE Office send records to a third party, you should contact that party to ensure you are sending the type of documentation they require.

Ordering Information

To order a transcript or duplicate certificate, you must:

  • Download the Certificate/Transcript Order Form (PDF)

  • Print and complete the form

  • Sign the form (note: An original signature is required)

  • Mail it to the CHSPE Records Office along with the appropriate fee.


Incomplete order forms and forms with incorrect payment will be returned unprocessed.


  • Transcript - $15.00 each

  • Duplicate Certificate - $25.00 each

  • Rush Service - $15.00 additional per mailing address


Processing Time

With regular service the items you request will be mailed via first-class mail within 10 business days of receipt of your request and payment.

With rush service will be sent via overnight mail to any location within the continental United States within three business days following receipt of your request.

Addresses Outside the United States

The fees quoted do not include postage outside the continental United States. Persons requesting that their records be shipped outside the continental United States must include an addressed, postage-paid, envelope with their records request.


Acceptable Methods of Payment

The fees for these services must be paid by bank-issued cashier’s check or a money order payable to California Department of Education. Cash, business checks, or personal checks are not accepted and will be returned with the order form.


Requesting a Faxed Copy

By checking the appropriate box next to the recipient’s phone number and by providing a fax number, you may have the requested documents sent by fax to the recipient at the time the document is mailed or shipped.

Third Party Requests

If you are a third-party (school, employer, verification company, etc.) requesting records, your request must include a request form, a release of educational records signed by the candidate, and proper payment.

Certificate Verification

If you have a copy of a Certificate of Proficiency and would simply like it verified, you may send it by fax or email to the CHSPE Office at 916-228-2665 or and the CHSPE Records Office will respond with a "Yes" or "No" answer indicating whether the document matches the current CHSPE records or not.


No further information can be acquired without an official records request.

bottom of page